Friday, November 29, 2013

Quilty Fun Sew Along Weeks Three and Four

I am still sewing along with Lori Holt and her Quilty Fun Sew Along.  I must say it really is fun.  You can find out all about it here.

Last week we did the courthouse steps block which were super easy.  I had never made this type of block before, but I really liked it.  The hardest part for me was choosing my fabrics.  I thought I had it all figured out and then decided I didn't like my first choices of fabric.



So I went back to my scraps and chose these fabrics instead.




This week we are making sewing baskets.  I love these little baskets.  They are adorable!

 
 
I have also been making my scrappy quilt binding as I go.  I want to use fabrics used in the quilt and I don't want to go back and have to find them when I only have the binding left.  (If I did I might not ever finish the quilt!)  I am using strips 2 1/2 inches wide by 5 inches long.
 




1 comment:

  1. Pretty blocks. You should check your settings as you appear as no-reply when you comment elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete