Thursday, June 12, 2014

Friday Finish - Giraffe Crossing Tumbler

Well I finally did it!  I finished the "boy" quilt for my friend that had her baby June 1.  I call it Giraffe Crossing  Tumbler because I used the Giraffe Crossing line from Riley Blake.

This quilt has been a long time in the making.  I pieced it way back in April, but then stalled because I was afraid to try the applique.  I finally overcame my fear and I think it turned out beautifully.  I hope Rhys likes it...



Thanks for letting me share.  Linking up with:



11 comments:

  1. The applique looks great! Nice and graphic for a baby quilt with bright fun colours. A tumbler quilt is on my list of shapes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming! I love the applique with the tumbler shape. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love tumbler quilts but I just haven't gotten around to buying the template yet. Great fabric choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great. I'm assuming the giraffes are the applique. They look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love the tumbler pattern and the giraffes totally take it to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love tumbler quilts and the only better is a tumbler with some applique. What a sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt is adorable. I love addition of giraffes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute quilt, and the appliqué looks awesome!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  9. This little giraffes look adorable! Great job on the applique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, Cathy! I love the addition of the appliquéd giraffes - so pretty!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the best tumbler quilt I have seen. I have to make this!!! Too adorable.
    ~Janie at Isabella's Whimsy

    ReplyDelete