Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Quilt Along Mania

I really, really, really, really LOVE quilt alongs!  I am currently participating in four.  I think I love them so much for two reasons: first, everything is scheduled step-by-step and second, you get to quilt with other people.  I could spend hours on flickr looking at the pictures of what others participating in the quilt along have accomplished.

The first quilt along I am participating in is really a BOM.  It is Pat Sloan's Globetrotting BOM.  It started in January, but I didn't join in until April.  I have caught up though.  All four blocks are done.  One fun part about this is that it's a mystery.  We don't know what the finished quilt will look like.



The second quilt along is Spring Sampler with Cora's Quilts.  It just started.  This week is the first block.  I made two.


The third quilt along is called the Pack Patch Mini Quilt Along from Chase at 1/4" Mark.  We are supposed to be making a mini quilt.  However, I want my quilt to be bigger so I am making four blocks for every one that we are supposed to make.  This is a fun and easy one.  Each Friday, Chase gives you a theme for two blocks.  For example, this week is April Showers and May Flowers.  Below is a picture of my April Showers blocks.



The fourth one is the Great Granny Sew Along at the Fat Quarter Shop.  It is based off of Lori Holt's new book Great Granny Squared (which is awesome). Here's my Filled Basket block.



How about you?  Have you joined or are you hosting a quilt along?  If so, let me know, I could always join one more....

I will be linking up with:
Lee from Freshly Pieced
Esther from Esther's Blog
Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts
Gemma from Pretty Bobbins
Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation


11 comments:

  1. so many beautiful projects! i love the colors in your spring sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I will have to check out the Cora's Quilts one...all of your blocks are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often think to do a quilt along, but I just dont' think I'd keep up with it each week! Great that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be fun to do a quilt along, but then all these quilts with deadlines come along. Silly friends getting married and having babies. ;) Those are some tiny little twelve patches! Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have those silly friends that get married and have babies too. Actually it's my friends children getting married and having babies.

      Delete
  5. Oh my word, those are beautiful! I love all your blocks and that little basket is just darling! I really love QALs as well, I usually do ok keeping up maybe lag just a bit behind, but the quilting part always gets me in the end. I end up having a top lay around for months afterward lol. I am still working on quilting my Star Surround!

    Stopping by from Lee's WIP hop http://www.domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2014/04/wip-wednesday-april-23rd.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Star Surround is still waiting to be quilted as well. I'm hoping to finish it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your blocks are sweet! It does look like you are in some great QAL's! Have fun! Looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love seeing all of your QAL progress! those Spring Sampler blocks are my faves. I don't do QAL's very often, but I'm always a little jealous of others that do. I only like to work on one quilt at a time, so having a long WIP makes me a little crazy, lol!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete